Thursday, September 15, 2016

vocab list #3

coherent-logical and consistent
we coherent over where we should eat

belabor-argue or elaborate
I had a belabor with my teacher about grades.

eschew-deliberately avoid using
I need to eschew my finger nails.

acquisitive-excessively interested in acquiring money or martial things
I had a acquisitive with school.

emulate-match or surpass a person or achievement, typically by imitation
I emulate my friend in basketball.

banal-so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring
my teacher is banal

excoriation-a harsh criticism
I heard a excoriation about African Americans

congeal-solidify or coagulate
I had to congeal my cloths

carping-difficult to please
my teacher was carping my project

substantiate-provide evidence to support or prove the truth of
I was in court and a man was substantiate his trial

temporize-avoid making a decision or committing oneself in order to gain time
I was temporize doing drugs

largesse-generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others
every year on Christmas we largesse

tenable-able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection
I was playing a game on my phone and it was all about tenable

insatiable-impossible to satisfy
I was insatiable my girl

reconnaissance-military observation of a region to locate an enemy or ascertain strategic features
I was reconnaissance on a video game

germane-relevant to a subject under consideration
I was germane to math

ramify-form branches or offshoot
I saw a ramify of my family

intransigent-unwilling or refusing to change one views or to agree about something
I was trying to intransigent about Donald trump

taciturn-reserved or uncommunicative
I had a taciturn at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment